Life in the modern world can be extremely stressful. Our bodies are exposed to thousands of toxins on a daily basis, including xenoestrogens from pesticides and plastics which produce estrogen-like effects that throw our body’s hormonal systems out of balance. Combine this with lack of sleep, constant exposure to electromagnetic pollution, a 40-plus hour work week, excessive worry, and generally unsustainable lifestyles, and you have a recipe for premature aging and degenerative conditions.
Fortunately, nature has provided us with a class of healing plants that have the ability to help mitigate the negative effects of life in our fast-paced, polluted, and stress-filled world. These substances are known as adaptogens, and they can dramatically increase the resistance of your body/mind system to various physical, biological, emotional, and environmental stressors. Adaptogens work to restore the balance of endocrine hormones, modulate the immune system, and generally enhance the body’s ability to maintain optimal homeostasis.* One of the most exciting and beneficial adaptogens discovered so far is native to the high mountains of the Andes, where it has learned to adapt to extremely harsh, high-elevation conditions. One might imagine that this plant is able to transfer a little of its ability to survive in a harsh environment to you.
Maca is a hardy, cruciferous vegetable closely related to turnips and radishes that is cultivated by indigenous peoples of the Peruvian highlands at altitudes ranging from 12,500 to 14,500 feet. These native Peruvians have used the root of the maca plant as a staple food and medicine for thousands of years, typically roasting the root in pits or boiling it before consuming. Maca has become popular outside of Peru and Bolivia since the late 1990s, when travelers and then importers began bringing it into the United States and later Europe. Thousands of people in these countries experienced powerful healing effects from this superfood and have begun to use it regularly.
Maca is rich in essential minerals, especially selenium, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Maca also includes 19 different amino acids; fatty acids such as linoleic, palmitic and oleic acids; and various beneficial sterols, polysaccharides, and alkaloids.
Benefits of maca root consumption include:
- Excellent antioxidant and immune system tonic*
- Improves circulation in the body, reduces anemia*
- Can help reduce hormone-related acne*
- Inhibits growth of unhealthy bacteria and fungus*
- Enhances fertility in people and animals*
- Regulates and normalizes menstrual cycles, reduces PMS*
- Speeds wound healing through improved blood clotting*
- Improves mood, helps lift depression; reduces anxiety and stress.*
- Improves libido, sexual organ function, and general reproductive system health in both men and women*
- Increases energy and endurance, reducing chronic fatigue*
- Corrects and regulates endocrine (hormonal) system imbalances*
- Reduces hormonal dysfunction during menopause and andropause*
- High bioavailable calcium and magnesium content, along with hormonal balancing properties, makes maca good for supporting healthy teeth and bones, especially in postmenopausal women.*
- Because of its ability to stabilize hormones, maca may also support emotional healing.*
Maca is a cruciferous root vegetable, and humans do not produce the enzymes to digest raw cruciferous vegetables effectively. This is why indigenous peoples in the Andean highlands cooked their maca before consuming to break down the maca and render it digestible. Eating a lot of pure raw maca powder is a great recipe for a stomach ache. MacaForce™ adds a number of potent digestive synergists to raw maca powder, effectively building your digestive fire so you can get the maximum benefits from raw maca. MacaForce™ is a much better value for your money than straight, raw maca powder, as poor digestion leads to poor assimilation of the bioactive compounds and nutrients within maca that provide all the great adaptogenic benefits. People typically find that they can take a significantly smaller quantity of MacaForce™, as opposed to a pure raw maca powder, and achieve the same benefits, simply because they assimilate the bioactive compounds in MacaForce™ so much more effectively.
Ginger and shilajit are included, both of which aid in proper digestion of whatever they are consumed with.*
Contains a massive quantity of digestive enzymes which will help you properly digest the raw maca root powder.
Contains a massive quantity of probiotics (see HealthForce Friendly Force™). These probiotics rebuild healthy intestinal ecology, which will dramatically boost your ability to digest food effectively.* Yacon root is included in the formula. It is an excellent prebiotic, effectively feeding friendly bacteria and causing them to multiply, which will boost the strength of your digestive system.*
MacaForce™ vs. Gelatinized Maca or Maca Extracts
Gelatinization of maca root is a proprietary process developed at a university in Peru. It involves first washing the maca roots with a disinfectant. Then, high pressure and heat are applied for a short time to force-separate the tough fiber and starches, which are then removed. This significantly concentrates the product by a ratio of about 6:1. Gelatinized maca is popular because it was the form used in the first human clinical study on maca from the university in Peru that was trying to patent the process. That study is widely referenced so many people request gelatinized maca. There are also a variety of maca extracts on the market that use various solvents to concentrate the bioactive compounds in the maca root.
It is important to note that whenever you start concentrating active compounds in medicinal foods by removing them from the food matrix that they are normally found in, you begin to get drug-like effects which can lead to all sorts of unpleasant and unexpected side effects. Whole cooked maca root has been a staple food of Peruvian and Bolivian indigenous peoples for thousands of years. These peoples consume copious quantities of cooked maca root with no negative side effects because they are consuming the WHOLE FOOD. Here at HealthForce, we strive to offer you potent superfoods the way nature intended. MacaForce™ thus contains whole raw maca root powder which has not been concentrated in any way, but made vastly more effective by the MacaForce™ formula.
The HealthForce Edge
- 100% TruGanically™ Grown. TruGanic™ is a purist, hard-core, quality standard significantly beyond organic standards created to verify absolute purity. All TruGanic™ products must pass tests to verify that they are 100% free of pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, gluten, irradiation, and GMOs. TruGanic™ also includes authentic standards for production, non-toxic cleaning agents and pest control, electromagnetic radiation, processing agents, additives, and air quality.
- EcoFresh Nutrient Lock™. Our dark glass with unique metal lid and oxygen absorber protects 100% of nutrients (creates a vacuum). Glass is recycled/recyclable, does not outgas (see Note below) and is non-toxic to melt down. Plastic bottles and metal/foil pouches (worst and not recyclable) dramatically degrade nutrient levels. Plastic outgasses and is highly toxic to melt down.
- Note: All plastic containers (more so in soft plastic) release gases during the aging and degradation of the material. The volatile organic compounds (VOCs) released from plastic negatively affect our health.
- Energenesis™ Energetic Enhancements: • Homeopathic • Magnetic • Vibrational+
- All ingredients are optimally dried for maximum life force.
- Shilajit, the number one herb in Auyervedic medicine, added to improve digestibility, detoxification support, and overall healing ability of MacaForce™.*
- No binders, cheap fillers, excipients. Nothing but 100% potent superfood nutrition.
How to Consume
Whole maca root powder is a food and can be consumed in any quantity. Start with one teaspoon per day and increase gradually over two weeks to suggested use of one (or more) tablespoons per day, either all at once or divided. Add to smoothies, juice/water, seed/nut milks, or any other food.