Life in the modern world can be extremely stressful. Our bodies are exposed to thousands of toxins on a daily basis, including xenoestrogens from pesticides and plastics which produce estrogen-like effects that throw our body’s hormonal systems out of balance. Combine this with lack of sleep, constant exposure to electromagnetic radiation and environmental pollution, a 40-plus hour work week, excessive stress/worry, and generally unsustainable lifestyles, and you have a recipe for premature aging and degenerative conditions.
Fortunately, nature has provided us with a class of healing plants that have the ability to help mitigate the negative effects of life in our fast-paced, polluted, and stress-filled world. These substances are known as adaptogens, and they can dramatically increase the resistance of your body/mind system to various physical, biological, emotional, and environmental stressors. Adaptogens work to restore the balance of endocrine hormones, modulate the immune system, and generally enhance the body’s ability to maintain optimal homeostasis.* One of the most exciting and beneficial adaptogens discovered so far is native to the high mountains of the Andes, where it has learned to adapt to extremely harsh, high-elevation conditions. One might imagine that this plant is able to transfer a little of its ability to survive in a harsh environment to you when you consume it.
Maca is a hardy, cruciferous vegetable closely related to turnips and radishes that is cultivated by indigenous peoples of the Peruvian highlands at altitudes ranging from 12,500 to 14,500 feet. These native Peruvians have used the root of the maca plant as a staple food and medicine for thousands of years, typically roasting the root in pits or boiling it before consuming. Maca has become popular outside of Peru and Bolivia since the late 1990s, when travelers and then importers began bringing it into the United States and later Europe. Thousands of people in these countries experienced powerful benefits from this superfood and have begun to use it regularly.
Maca is rich in essential minerals, especially selenium, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Maca also includes 19 different amino acids; fatty acids such as linoleic, palmitic and oleic acids; and various beneficial sterols, polysaccharides, and alkaloids.
Benefits of maca root consumption include:
- Excellent antioxidant.
- Immune system tonic.*
- Supports healthy circulation in the body.*
- Supports reproductive health in people and animals.*
- Supports normal menstrual cycles.*
- Supports hormonal balance, including during menopause and andropause.*
- Supports energy, vitality and endurance.*
- High bioavailable calcium and magnesium content, along with hormonal balancing properties, makes maca good for supporting healthy teeth and bones, especially in postmenopausal women.*
- May help contribute to an overall feeling of well-being.*
Maca is a cruciferous root vegetable, and humans do not produce the enzymes to digest raw cruciferous or root vegetables effectively. This is why indigenous peoples in the Andean highlands cooked their maca before consuming to break down the maca and render it digestible. Eating a lot of pure, raw maca powder is a great recipe for a stomach ache. Unfortunately, the only maca powder available in cooked form has been roasted at high temperatures, leading to significant loss of fragile nutrients.
MacaForce™ adds a number of potent digestive synergists to raw maca powder, effectively supporting your digestive fire so you can get the maximum benefits from raw maca, with no destruction of fragile bioactive constituents. MacaForce™ is a much better value for your money than plain, raw maca powder, as poor digestion leads to poor assimilation of the bioactive compounds and nutrients within maca that provide all the great adaptogenic benefits. People typically find that they can take a significantly smaller quantity of MacaForce™, as opposed to a pure, raw maca powder, and achieve the same benefits, simply because they assimilate the bioactive compounds in MacaForce™ so much more effectively.
- Ginger and shilajit are included, both of which aid in proper digestion of whatever they are consumed with.*
- Contains digestive enzymes which will help you properly digest the raw maca root powder.
- Contains probiotics (see HealthForce Friendly Force™) and prebiotics to support optimum digestion.*
MacaForce™ vs. Gelatinized Maca or Maca Extracts
Gelatinization of maca root is a proprietary process developed at a university in Peru. It involves first washing the maca roots with a disinfectant. Then, high pressure and heat are applied for a short time to force-separate the tough fiber and starches, which are then removed. This significantly concentrates the product by a ratio of about 6:1. Gelatinized maca is popular because it was the form used in the first human clinical study on maca from the university in Peru that was trying to patent the process. That study is widely referenced so many people request gelatinized maca. There are also a variety of maca extracts on the market that use various solvents to concentrate the bioactive compounds in the maca root.
It is important to note that whenever you start concentrating active compounds in herbal foods by removing them from the food matrix that they are normally found in, you begin to get drug-like effects which can lead to all sorts of unpleasant and unexpected side effects. Whole cooked maca root has been a staple food of Peruvian and Bolivian indigenous peoples for thousands of years. These peoples consume copious quantities of cooked maca root with no negative side effects because they are consuming the WHOLE FOOD. Here at HealthForce, we strive to offer you potent superfoods the way nature intended. MacaForce™ thus contains whole, raw maca root powder which has not been concentrated in any way, but made vastly more effective by the MacaForce™ formula.
The HealthForce Edge
- Fully digestible, full potency raw maca.
- Kelp added to support thyroid function.
- Shilajit, the number one herb in Auyervedic medicine, added to improve digestibility and detoxification support.
- No binders, cheap fillers, excipients; nothing but 100% potent superfood nutrition.
- 100% TruGanically™ Grown. TruGanic™ is HealthForce’s own purist, hard-core, quality standard for sourcing and production. Ingredients must pass actual tests (that no other standard requires) to verify non-GMO status and ensure they are 100% free of pesticides and irradiation.
- EcoFresh Nutrient Lock™. Our dark glass with unique metal lid and oxygen absorber protects 100% of nutrients (creates a vacuum).
- Energenesis™ Energetic Enhancements: • Magnetic • Vibrational+.
Whole maca root powder is a food. Start with one teaspoon per day and increase gradually over two weeks to suggested use of one tablespoon per day, either all at once or divided. Add to smoothies, juice/water, seed/nut milks, or any other food.
Ingredients (100% TruGanic™):
Ancient Superfood Sustenance: Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii)
Prebiotic Digestive Synergists: Lucuma Fruit (Lucuma Spice only), Carob (Majestic Mint only), Yacon Root
Herbal Synergists: Ginger Root (Lucuma Spice only), Peppermint Leaf (Majestic Mint only), Kelp
Enzyme Synergists: Protease, Alpha-Galactosidase, Amylase, Cellulase, Lipase, Bromelain, Papain
Probiotic Synergists: Lactobacillus plantarum, L. paracasei, L. rhamnosus, L. salivarius, Streptococcus thermophilus, L. bulgaricus
MacaForce™ Majestic Mint Nutrition Facts
MacaForce™ Lucuma Spice Nutrition Facts